BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Been A While

It has been a while since my last post. A lot has happened over the last month or so. School is more challenging than I had hoped. I am enjoying all the new knowledge, it is just a different ball of wax I am dealing with.

In December of 2008 my Granny was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She celebrated her 90th birthday this past August. Andi and I visited her over New Years and had a very nice visit with her. I knew at that time, it would be the last time I would hear, "I Love You...Be Good." These words were always the last words my Granny would tell her grandkids after a visit. On March 4th, 2009 Granny went to be with Jesus. I will miss my Granny dearly, but I know I will see her again someday! I Love You Granny!

Mary Gililland, Age: 90 Died: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 in Claude, TX

Services were held Saturday, March 7, 2009.

Rev. Charles L. “Chuck” Gililland and Rev. Don Prather officiated.

Mary Elizabeth Prather was born August 8, 1918 in Hollis, OK to Price and Lela Mae (McClure) Prather. The family moved to Lazbuddie, TX in the early 1930’s and Mary graduated from Lazbuddie High School in 1936. On November 26, 1936, she married Otto V. Gililland in Clovis, NM. Mary and Otto lived in Dimmit, TX, Eldorado, OK, Hereford, TX, Floydada, TX, Dumas, TX and Dalhart, TX during their marriage. Mary retired from C.R. Anthony, Co. after 25+ years. Mary was an avid reader and enjoyed playing 42 with friends at 55 Plus Club in Dalhart until she moved to Amarillo in 2006. Her pride and joy were her 5 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren. She was a member of Central United Methodist Church in Dalhart, TX and after her move to Amarillo became a member of Saint Stephen United Methodist Church.

She was preceded in death by her husband in 1979, a baby son in 1942, her parents, four brothers, and one sister.

Survivors include a daughter Necia Trapp and husband Van of Amarillo, TX a son Darrell J. Gililland and wife Becky of White Deer, TX ~ 5 grandchildren: Jennifer Sawyer and husband Larry of Amherst, TX, Scott Trapp and wife Catherine of San Antonio, TX, Darrell J. Gililland, Jr. and wife Andrea of Abilene, TX, Cassandra Gililland of Proctorville, OH, Charles L. “Chuck” Gililland and wife Melissa of Ozark, AR.: 6 great grandchildren: Kateland Sawyer of San Angelo, TX, Jarrod and Ashton Sawyer of Amherst, TX, John and Jordan Trapp of San Antonio, TX Abby Gililland of Ozark, AR: Two Sisters-in-law Helen Cowart of DeKalb, TX and Jean Prather of Burleson, TX and several nieces and nephews.

0 comments: