BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

OE Camp - Day 3

Back at camp after a wonderful day in Abilene. The best part of yesterday was getting to spend a few hours with my beautiful wife. She cooked spaghetti and it was AMAZING! I loved every single minute with her and miss her dearly. Can't wait for the weekend!! :)

Today was the half way point for week one. This week in the devotionals I have been sharing with the campers the importance of relying on Christ daily. It has been incredibly refreshing for me personally as I prepare the 10 minuete devotions. The Lord is moving in my heart in ways I have never felt before. Please continue to pray for us this week.

Wednesday at camp is a great day. I spend all day at the climbing wall taking pictures of the campers as they scale the 30 foot wall. As I lay over the edge trying to get the best picture of each person I can, the backs of my leg are FRYING! I have done this every year for the past six and this year it had to be the hottest at the top! Yes, sweetie I did have sun screen on. Everyone did great on the wall. It is amazing to see these young adults face and conquere their fears. I was particularly amazed at the ladies this year. They did great.

The best thing I learned today was a new knot. Being an Eagle Scout myself, I love tying knots. I love learning new knots and how they can work for you in a camping situation. Today I learned the Apline Butterfly Knot. It was used back in the old days for a team of climbers to tie into one rope. It can be used today in a variety of ways, most notibly for hanging items in in a camp. I can't wait to utilize this knot in just about anything I can. It is my new favorite!!

0 comments: