BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 22, 2008

OE Camp - Day 4

Thursday - Week 1: A day at the Cliffs.

Each Thursday of camp the rock climbing and kayaking class bus down to the Lake Brownwood Dam and spend their respective times going through the gamete of fun and excitement. I spend my time at the cliffs watching and belaying for climbers. It is a time that I enjoy and look most forward to each year. This year was no different, the only exception was that I didn't have to belay but twice. That was awesome! It was great because I didn't have to wear my harness all day long and be uncomfortable (if you know what I mean!). It was pretty uneventful and it was hot and windy. At least we had the wind!

Tonight is Koosh-Volley. Basically volleyball played with a Koosh ball and Koosh padle. It is a bunch of fun, but it doesn't start until 9:00 and there are like 20 teams. The finals usually happen around mid-night. Now I am a competitor and really hate loosing. However; if my team looses the first game in Koosh-Volley, well I am all the happier. It really is a fun game and fun times, but it is the end of the week, after a long, hot day, and everyone is dead tired. So, I just want a little bit of rest. I guess I am no spring chicken anymore. If we win our first game... I AM THERE FOR THE LONG HALL AND WILL BE UPSET IF WE DON'T WIN IT ALL!! :)

0 comments: